We all struggle from time to time with contentment. A feeling like there is something missing from your life. I personally struggle with this, I feel like I need more clothes when my closet is full of them. I need a new kitchen gadget or my life would be perfect if I could just get a camper and a puppy ;). When I feel this way I take a step back and realize that these things aren’t what is missing what is missing is a strong relationship with God. I have never felt more content then when I am in constant communication with God. When life gets busy and takes over control of my life is when these feelings start flooding in. I have to stop and come back to center finding time with God and putting him first in my life. Doing this is the only way you will truly ever be content. Here are 8 verses for when you are struggling with contentment. I look at these anytime I feel like I need to be encouraged and realize what is truly missing in my life.
- A Peaceful heart leads to a healthy body. – Proverbs 14:3
- Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable then they? – Matthew 6: 25-26
- For the pagans run after these things and your heavenly father knows you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. -Matthew 6: 32-33
- Blessed is she who has believed that the lord would fulfill his promises to her. -Luke 1:45
- My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness. -2 Corinthians 12:9
- I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well fed or hungry whether living in plenty or in want I can do all this through him who gives me strength. -Philippians 4: 12-13
- But Godliness with contentment is great gain for we brought nothing into this world, and we can take nothing out of it. -Timothy 6:6-7
- Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” -Hebrews 13:5
I hope these verses help you as much as they help me. The only way to have true happiness is through Jesus Christ. Do you have any verse that help you get through contentment issues? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for stopping by.