I have finally switched over to unpaper towels!!! Getting rid of paper towels is not only beneficial for the environment but also your wallet. I have replaced my paper towels with three eco friendly cost saving options. I decided to put together this “How to go paper towel free” post to hopefully help your transition go a little more smoothly. [Read more…]
Today I want to share with you the perfect homemade lotion. The world we live in today is so full of toxic chemicals not only in foods but in cosmetics. I always try to make a product myself so I know exactly what is in it. It can be tough sometimes as many DIY recipes aren’t quite up to par. Every recipe I would try would be off some how. after tweeking a few things I came up with this recipe. I hope you like it as much as me.
1/2 cup filtered, distilled, or boiled and cooled room temperature water
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/8 cup shea butter
1/8 cup grape seed oil
2 tbsp. beeswax
6 vitamin e capsles
15 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops frankinsense essential oil
you don’t have to use these specific essential oils I would recommend staying away from citrus sents as they make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
- First you want to put the shea butter, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, and beeswax in a glass container hovering over boiling water.
2. Mixing occasionally It takes about 5 min for it to melt and combine
3. Next you want to add the melted mixture to a blender or mixer and “slowly” add in the water until you get a nice consistency.
4. Add in the essential oils and the vitamin e oil from inside the capsule. Then scrape the sides and mix until combined.
5. Transfer to a glass jar with a lid. I like these short wide mouth jars because you can easily get to all the contents.
This will last me several months and it smells great!!! Do you have any DIY recipes to replace store bought items? I would love to hear about them.
If you like this recipe check out this homemade laundry soap.
Zucchini bread in general is a big hit with my kids it is a breakfast go to I can make triple batches and freeze them making them an easy quick breakfast option. My only problem was they always had a ton of sugar which made them a not so healthy option. So I made some tweaks and came up with a healthy alternative. These Sugarless Zucchini Muffins are so yummy and they are still a huge hit with the kids.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. line your cup cake pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl combine and whisk all wet ingredients
- Add the dry to wet ingredients and mix tell combined
- Fold in raisins
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes
I would love to here any healthy recipes you’ve come up with. Let me know what you think of these sugarless zucchini muffins in the comments below. Happy Baking!!!!!
If you are looking for an easy quick and healthy meal for you family, I’ve got one for you right here the whole family will enjoy. Quinoa is a growing trend in the health food world. Over the last year or so I have seen it explode in many recipes around Pinterest. For good reason too Quinoa is a super food it is one of the highest protein rich foods we can eat. It is a great sorce of iron, b1,b2, b6, magnesium, manganese, and lysine. It also has a ton of fiber. On top of that it is gluten free. I love to add it to soups, chili, various meat dishes, and eggs for an added boast of nutrition. For example in my Quinoa Taco Bowls.
- 1 lbs 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salsa for dressing
- Taco meat seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
Taco meat seasoning
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Place small glass bowls on a cookie sheet upside down add the tortillas to the top hugging the glass as much as possible.(you can even add another bowl to the top to help it) bake for 10-15 min until formed.
- Cook ground beef on medium high heat in a skillet, drain.
- Add cooked quinoa taco seasoning, and water to the ground beef.
- Let cook for 5 min stirring continuously.
- Cut your tomato and avocado
- Plate and serve immediately
Did you like this recipe? Did you change it up? I would love to know what you have to say comment below to let me know. Thanks for reading!!!!
Summer is here!!! In full force the past week. We have been having so much time out side with sprinklers, kiddy pools, bubbles, nature walks, and all things summer. With all this fun unfortunately comes with a concern for moms everywhere… Bug bites can have some serious consequences with all the diseases they spread. Protecting the littles is our top priority as moms so we spray them with bug spray because that is how we keep the bugs away. While this does protect them from bugs doing this we are also exposing their little bodies to very harsh chemicals. I don’t know about you but I know I am trying to avoid that at all cost. So what do we do? Stay inside? Miss out on all the outdoor summer time fun? Heck no!!! Fortunately we have a safe alternative to these chemicals. ESSENTIAL OILS!! I can not say enough about how much oils have helped my family from pink eye, ear infections, fever, stomach bugs, athletes foot, I even helped my father rid his skin from flake psoriasis. They are amazing especially if you use a high quality natural brand. I use Young Living essential oils. They are all natural about there whole process from seed to sealing up the bottle you can even tour the farms its really cool. So lets make some awesome kid friendly bug repellent.
4oz Glass spray bottle
Citronella essential oil
Tea tree essential oil
Lavender essential oil
Lemongrass essential oil ( Only if the child is over two)
Directions for the under 2 years old bug spray
Add witch hazel to the bottle then add 20 drops of citronella, 10 drops of tea tree, and 10 drops of lavender essential oils. Top the rest of the bottle off with Distilled water and shake.
Directions for the 3 years old and up bug spray
Add witch hazel to the bottle then add 15 drops of citronella , 15 drops of lemongrass, and 10 drops of lavender essential oils. Top the rest of the bottle off with Distilled water and shake.
That’s it enjoy your kid friendly Bug spray and worry no more.
Or go to youngliving.com and type in my member id # 2316195 and sign up today.
If you sign up with the starter kit through me you will receive a free essential oils reference guide ($25 value) just email me when you have signed up with your home address and I will send it out.