Today I want to share with you the perfect homemade lotion. The world we live in today is so full of toxic chemicals not only in foods but in cosmetics. I always try to make a product myself so I know exactly what is in it. It can be tough sometimes as many DIY recipes aren’t quite up to par. Every recipe I would try would be off some how. after tweeking a few things I came up with this recipe. I hope you like it as much as me.
1/2 cup filtered, distilled, or boiled and cooled room temperature water
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/8 cup shea butter
1/8 cup grape seed oil
2 tbsp. beeswax
6 vitamin e capsles
15 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops frankinsense essential oil
you don’t have to use these specific essential oils I would recommend staying away from citrus sents as they make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
- First you want to put the shea butter, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, and beeswax in a glass container hovering over boiling water.
2. Mixing occasionally It takes about 5 min for it to melt and combine
3. Next you want to add the melted mixture to a blender or mixer and “slowly” add in the water until you get a nice consistency.
4. Add in the essential oils and the vitamin e oil from inside the capsule. Then scrape the sides and mix until combined.
5. Transfer to a glass jar with a lid. I like these short wide mouth jars because you can easily get to all the contents.
This will last me several months and it smells great!!! Do you have any DIY recipes to replace store bought items? I would love to hear about them.
If you like this recipe check out this homemade laundry soap.